約伯記新譯 第二章 對話與辯論(I)

                                        約伯記新譯
                       第二章 對話與辯論(3:1-27:23)

  I. 約伯哀歌(3:1-26):
      靜坐七晝夜後, 約伯開口咒詛自己的生日, 高吟哀歌:
     (I) 咒詛生日(3:1-10):
                       新 譯                                                      英 文
2            願我生的那日消失,                          May the day of my birth perish,
        喊 "生了個男孩!" 那夜泯滅.              and the night it was said, 'A boy is born!'
4              願那日變得黑暗,                         That day - may it turn to darkness;
                天上神不再眷顧,                           may God above not care about it;
                亮光也不再照射.                                 may no light shine upon it.
5              願黑暗死蔭再來,               May darkness and deep shadow claim it once more;
                烏雲遮蓋在其上,                                  may a cloud settle over it;
                黑暗掩沒了光明.                            may blackness overwhelm its light.
6              幽暗更奪去那夜,                        That night - may thick darkness seize it;;
                不在一年日子中,                 may it not be included among the days of the year
                也不列入每月裏.                            nor be entered in any of the months.

7               願那夜無人生育,                                     May that night be barren;
                 也聽不到歡笑聲.                               may no shout of joy be heard in it.
8             願咒詛日子惹海怪的                        May those who curse days curse that day,
                  都同聲咒詛那日.                           those who are ready to rouse Leviathan.
9                願晨星昏暗無光,                               May its morning stars became dark;
                  等待日光也徒然,                                   may it wait for daylight in vain
              看不見黎明第一道曙光.                            and not see the first rays of dawn.
10           因那夜懷我的子宮未關,                 for it did not shut the doors of the womb on me
               讓我看不見隱藏的災難.                                to hide trouble from my eyes.

     (II) 寧願夭折(3:11-19):
11                我何不生下夭折,                                     Why did I not perish at birth,
                   一出母腹就死亡?                                  and die as I came from the womb?
12                為何有雙膝迎我,                                Why were there knees to receive me
                    還有乳哺育我呢?                                 and breasts that I might be nursed?
13                 否則我早就安躺,                             For now I would be lying down in peace;
                     舒適沉睡得安息;                                    I would be asleep and at rest
14                 與世上自建陵墓                               with kings and counselors of the earth,
                     的君王謀士同睡;                     who built for themselves places now lying in ruins,
15                 和擁有滿屋金銀                                          with rulers who had gold,
                     的王侯權貴同眠.                                   who filled their houses with silver.
16                 我為何不像埋地           Or why was I not hidden in the ground like a stillborn child,
                     永不見天日死胎?                          like an infant who never saw the light of day?
17                那裏惡人不再作惡,                                There the wicked cease from turmoil,
                    疲乏的人得到安息.                                    and there the weary are at rest.
18                被擄的奴得享安寧,                                      Captives who enjoy their ease;
                    再聽不見酷吏吆喝.                            they no longer hear the slave driver's shout.
19                老少尊卑全聚那裏,                                    The small and the great are there,
                    奴隸脫主得到自由.                                  and the slave is freed from his master.

      (III) 厭惡生存(3:20-26):
20                為何光要賜給苦難人,                    Why is light given to those in misery,
                    生命要賜給愁苦的人?                           and life to the bitter of soul,
21                他們渴望死卻死不了,             to those who long for death that does not come,
                    尋死的多過找財寶的,             who search for it more than for hidden treasure,
22                    有誰下到了陰間                                who are filled with gladness
                        仍然歡喜又快樂?                      and rejoice when they reach the grave?
23                    生命為何要賜給                                 Why is life given to a man
                        前途茫茫無去路                                      whose way is hidden,
                        又被神圍困的人?                                 whom God has hedged in?
24                    我以哀歎替食物,                        For sighing comes to me instead of food;
                        呻吟之聲如泉湧.                                my groans pour out like water.
25                    我害怕的衝向我,                              What I feared has come upon me;
                        恐懼的紛至沓來.                            What I dreaded has happened to me.
26                     我不得安寧平靜,                                I have no peace no quietness;
                        沒安息只有不安.                                I have no rest, but only turmoil."

 II. 第一次辯論(4:1-14:22):
     (I) 以利法答唱(4:1-5:27):
1         提縵人以利法聽約伯唱哀歌後, 以歌答唱:
                                 新 譯                                                  英 文
           1  責難約伯(4:1-5):
2                       人若以言刺激你,                    If someone venture a word with you,
                         你能忍受得了嗎?                              will you be impatient?
                         誰能忍住不說話?                          But who can keep speaking?
3                        試想你教過多人,                   Think how you have instructed many,
                          堅固過不少弱手.                 how you have strengthened feeble hands.
4                        你的話扶趺倒人,             Your words have supported those who stumbled;
                          也堅固過無力膝.                 how you have strengthened faltering knees.
5                        但現災難降你身,                            But now trouble comes to you,
                          使你灰心又喪志;                                and you are discouraged;
                          打擊你使你驚惶.                        it strikes you, and you are dismayed.
            2. 賞善罰惡(4:6-11):
6                       你不是自信敬畏神                     Should not your piety be your confidence
                         且盼望完美無瑕嗎?                        and your blameless ways you hope?
7                              請想一想:                                              Consider now:
                         無辜的人有誰滅亡?                     Who, being innocent, has ever perished?
                         正直的人有誰毀滅?                      Where were the upright ever destroyed?
8                      依我所見, 耕耘罪惡                          As I have observed, those plow evil
                        播種災禍, 必收惡果.                          and those who sow trouble reap it.
9                       神吹口氣就必毀滅;                      At the breath of God they are destroyed;
                         祂一發怒就必滅亡.                          at the blast of his anger they perish.
10                      雄獅咆哮發出怒吼,                               The lions may roar and growl,
                         猛獅利齒全都斷裂.                      yet the teeth of the great lions are broken.
11                     公獅因無獵物死亡,                              The lion perishes for lack of prey,
                         母獅幼子流離分散.                        and the cubs of the lioness are scattered.
           3. 世人卑微(4:12-21):
12                       有話暗中傳給我,                     A word was secretly brought to me,
                           耳中聽見細言語.                        my ears caught a whisper of it.
13                       夜間不安睡夢中,                   Amid disquieting dreams in the night,
                           當世人沉睡夢鄉;                         when deep sleep falls on men,
14                       恐懼戰慄籠罩我,                           fear and trembling seized me
                          全身骨頭都戰抖.                           and made all my bones shake.
15                       幽靈掠過我面前,                             A spirit glided past my face,
                           毛骨悚然髮直豎.                     and the hair on my body stood on end.
16                       那靈突然停下來,                                          It stopped,
                           我卻難辨是何物.                            but I could not tell what it was.
                           只見有形站我前,                             A form stood before my eyes,
                           又聞輕聲對我說:                              and I heard a hushed voice:
17                     "人能比神更公義                    "Can a mortal be more righteous than God?
                          比創造主更純淨?                    Can a man be more pure than his Maker?
18                       神若不信其僕人,                       If God places no trust in his servants,
                           指責天使犯過錯;                         if he charges his angels with error,
19                       何況那些住泥屋,               how much more those who live in houses of clay,
                           池基建在塵土上,                             whose foundations are in dust,
                           易碎如蛾的人呢!                   who are crushed more readily than a moth!

20                       早晚必被壓粉碎,               Between dawn and dusk they are broken to pieces;
                           不知不覺永毀滅.                                   unnoticed, they forever.
21                       帳棚繩索被拔起,                        Are not the cords of their tent pulled up,
                           死得毫無智慧嗎?."                           so that they die without wisdom?"
           4. 必受苦難(5:1-7):
1                         儘管呼求誰回應?                 Call if you will, but who will answer you?
                           你轉向那個聖者?                  To which of the holy ones will you turn?
2                          憎恨殺死愚昧人,                               Resentment kills a fool,
                            嫉妒誅滅平庸人.                            and envy slays the simple.
3                          我見愚人扎下根,                     I myself have seen a fool taking root,
                            其家卻突受咒詛.                       but suddenly his house was cursed.
4                          他的兒女不安寧,                          His children are far from safety,
                            受審無人作辯護.                       crushed in court without a defender.
5                          饑民吃盡他收成,                           he hungry consume his harvest,
                            荊棘遺糧不放過;                         taking it even from among thorns,
                            乾渴之人望財富.                        and the thirsty pant after his wealth.
6                          艱苦並非從地發,                    For hardship does not spring from the soil,
                            災難也非地中萌.                     nor does trouble sprout from the ground.
7                          因人生來受苦難,                                Yet mam is born to trouble
                           一如火花向上揚.                               as surely as sparks fly upward.
           5. 全指望神(5:8-16):
8                          若我必向神申訴,                   But if it were I, I would appeal to God;
                            在衪面前訴衷情.                       I would lay my cause before him.
9                          祂行神蹟深莫測;            He performs wonders that can not be fathomed,
                            衪行奇事難勝數.                        miracals that cannot be counted.
10                        衪降雨滋潤大地,                           He bestows rain on the earth;
                            送水去灌溉田野.                     he sends water upon the countryside.
11                        衪置低微於高位,                               The lowly he sets on high,
                            讓哀傷者得安穩.                   and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
12                         挫敗奸人的計謀,                        He thwarts the plans of the crafty,
                            使他手作難成功.                     so that their hands achieve no success.
13                         智者之精算失算,                     He catches the wise in their craftiness,
                            狡者之詭謀挫敗.                  and the schemes of the wily are swept away.
14                        漆黑白日罩全地,                   Darkness comes upon them in the daytime;
                            響午暗中窮摸索.                          at noon they gope as in the night.
15                         救貧困離口中劍,              He saves the needy from the sword in that mouth;
                            逃過強人手中杖.                he saves them from the clutches of the powerful.
16                         使窮人都有指望,                                 So the poor have hope,
                             不義者閉口無言.                             and injustice shuts its mouth.
             6. 受懲得福(5:17-27):
17                        神糾正的人有福,                 Blessed is the man whom God corrects;
                           勿輕全能者管教.           so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
18                        祂弄傷親自包紮,                   For he wounds, but he also binds up;
                           祂打傷親手醫治.                     he injures, but his hands also heal.
19                        六次遭難祂救你,                    From six calamities will rescue you;
                           即使七次也無恙.                      in seven no harm will befall you.
20                       逢饑荒救你離死亡,              In famine he will ransom you from death,
                           戰場上不受刀砍殺.              and in battle from the stroke of the sword.
21                        保你不受口舌害,          You will be protected from the lash of the tongue,
                           不必害怕禍臨頭.               and need not fear when destruction comes.
22                       災難饑荒一笑了,                 You will laugh at destruction and famine,
                           地上野獸不必怕.                 and need not fear the beasts of the earth.
23                       你與田間石立約,   For you will have a covenant with the stones of the field,
                           與野獸和平相處.              and the wild animals will be at peace with you.
24                       你知道帳棚安穩,                     You will know that your tent is secure;
                           盤點家產無所失. you will take stock of your property and find nothing missing.
25                        兒孫繁衍眾又多,               You will know that your children will be many
                            後裔繁盛如青草.             and your descendants like the grass of the earth.
26                        壽高體健才歸陰,                    You will come to the grave in full vigor,
                            如禾捆到時收集.                          like sheaves gathered in season.

27                       "我們細察均屬實;                     "we have examined this, and it is true.
                            你要細聽身力行."                        So hear it and apply it to yourself."

   (II) 約伯辯駁(6:1-7:21):
1         約伯答辯, 歌曰:
                                     新 譯                                                    英 文
            1. 自述苦況(6:1-7):
2                          願我的痛苦可過稱,                  "If only my anguish could be weighed
                            我的厄運可上天平!                 and all my misery be place on the scales!
3                           定必比海沙更沉重,             I would surely outweigh the sand of the seas -
                             難怪我的言語急躁.               no wonder my words have been impetuous.
4                           全能主的箭射中我,                    The arrows of the Almighty are in me,
                             我的靈在喝箭中毒;                         my spirit drinks in their poison;
                             神集中恐怖攻擊我.                    God's terrors are marshaled against me.
5                           野驢有草還哀嘶嗎?                  Does a wild donkey bray when it has grass,
                             公牛有料還窮叫嗎?                       or an ox bellow when it has fodder?
6                            無味的食物不加鹽,                       Is tasteless food eaten without salt,
                             蛋白之中會有味嗎?                     or is there flavor in the white of an egg?
7                            這些食物令我惡心,                                    I refuse to touch it,
                              我絕對不會去親嚐.                                  such food makes me ill.
              2. 願神剪除(6:8-13):
8                             "但願我得我所求,                  "Oh, that I might have my request,
                                神施恩賜我所盼.                 that God would grant what I hope for,
9                              願神把我全粉碎,                 that God would be willing to crush me,
                                放手把我盡剪除!                   to let loose his hand and cut me off!
10                            這樣我還得安慰,                  Then I would still have this consolation -
                                極端痛苦仍歡欣,                           my joy in unrelenting pain -
                                因我未棄聖者道.            that I had not denied the words of the Holy One.

11                          "是何力量使我有望?         "What strength do I have, that I should still hope?
                               甚麼遠景使我忍耐?                What prospects, that I should be patient?
12                           我有石頭般氣力嗎?                        Do I have the strength of stone?
                               我的肉體壯如銅嗎?                                  Is my flesh bronze?
13                            成功既被剝奪無遺,                      Do I have any power to help myself,
                               我有力量幫自己嗎?                 now that success has been driven from me?
               3. 責友乏愛(6:14-23):
14                "即使心不敬畏全能者  "A despairing man should have the devotion of his friends,
                     絕望者亦應信任友好,          even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty.
15                 我的弟兄像間歇山溪, But my brothers are as undependable as intermitent streams,
                     又像溢洪河川不可靠;                         as the streams that overflow.
16                        融冰激濁流,                             when darkened by thawing ice
                            融雪河水漲,                             and swollen with melting snow,
17                         旱季水斷流,                      but that cease to flow in the dry season ,
                             遇熱河中消.                    and in the heat vanish from their channels.
18                        商隊偏離原道,                      Caravans turn aside from their routes;
                            行上荒野死亡.                   they go up into the wasteland and perish.
19                        提瑪商隊尋水,                       The caravans of Tema look for water,
                            示巴商旅企盼.                the traveling merchants of Sehba look in hope.
20                         因抱信心沮喪;          They are distressed because they had been confident;
                             到了那裏失望.                    they arrive there, only to be disappointed.
21                        足證你孤立無援,                   Now you too have proved to be of no help;
                            見災禍心中害怕.                   you see something dreadful and are afraid.
22                   我不是說過: '請代我付出,          have I ever said, 'Give something on my behalf,
                         以你的財富為我付贖金,                 pay a ransom for me from your wealth,
23                      從敵人的手中把我救出,                deliver me from the hand of the enemy,
                          從暴徒牢中把我贖出嗎?'           ransom me from the clutches of the ruthless?'
                 4. 勸友公平(6:24-30):
24                            請教我我會靜聽;                           Teach me, and I will be quiet,
                               告訴我錯在耶裏.                       show me where I have been wrong.
25                            說話誠實多痛苦!                          How painful are honest words!
                               爭辯能證明甚麼?                       But what do your arguments prove?
26                           你們要糾正我言,                         Do you mean to correct what I say,
                               視絕望人語如風?           and treat the words of a despairing man as wind?
27                          你們要抽籤得孤兒,                  You would even cast lots for the fatherless
                              把朋友當作物交換.                             and barter away your friend.

28                          請你們好好看著我,                        But now be so kind as to look at me,
                              我會當你們面說謊?                                Would I lie to your face?
29                          要悔改不要不公道,                                 Relent, do not be unjust;
                              再考慮勿傷我人格.                       reconsider, for my integrity is at stake.
30                          我的舌還是邪惡嗎?                         Is there any wickedness on my lips?
                              我的口不辨奸惡嗎?                          Can my mouth not discern malice?
                5. 人生愁苦(7:1-10):
1                      人生在世怎能不作地上苦役?           Does not man have hard service on earth?
                        他的日子怎能不與雇工一樣?           Are not his days like those of a hired man?
2                         像奴僕終日盼黃昏日影,             Like a slave longing for the evening shadows,
                           像雇工朝夕望早發工資.             or a hired man waiting eagerly for the wages,
3                         我一生也度過虛空歲月,                 so I have been allotted months of futility,
                           熬過了無數的悲慘黑夜.           and nights of misery have been assigned to me.
4                         我躺下想多久才會起來?      When I lie down I think, 'How long before I get up?'
                           長夜漫漫我輾轉至天明.                 The night drags on, and I toss till dawn.
5                              我身上長滿蟲疥,                    My body is clothed with worms and scabs,
                                弄得我皮破膿流.                             my skin is broken and festering.

6                               我日子飛逝如梭,           My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle,
                                 衝向沒盼望終點.                   and they to an end without hope.
7                      神啊! 我的生命只不過是口氣;  Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath;
                             我的眼目永見不到福樂.           my eyes will never see happiness again.
8                          看我的眼, 再也看不見我;    The eye that now sees me will see me no longer;
                           你們想找我, 再也找不到我.       you will look for me, but I will be no more.
9                             像天上雲彩消散無蹤,                    As a cloud vanishes and is gone,
                               如陰間的人一去無回.    so he who goes down to the grave does not return.
10                            永遠回不了自己的家,               He will never come to his house again;
                                故鄉不再有人認識他.                    his place will know him no more.
                6. 怨神過嚴(7:11-21):
11                     "因此我不再靜默;                       "Therefore, I will not keep silent;
                          大聲說出靈憂傷,                 I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit,
                           盡情傾訴心中苦.                I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
12                      我豈是大洋或海怪.                Am I the sea, or the monster of the deep,
                         你竟令守衛看守我?                         that you put me under guard?
13                     當我想床會安慰我,                     When I think my bed will comfort me
                         我的臥榻會減悲情;                     and my couch will ease my complaint;
14                      你還是用惡夢嚇我,                    even then you frighten me with dreams
                          顯怪異象使我惶恐;                               and terrify me with vision;
15                      因此我寧願上吊死                         so that I prefer strangling and death,
                          也不願意留住軀體.                             rather than this body of mine.
16               我厭惡生命, 不願永遠活下去;               I despise my life; I could not live forever.
                   就任由我吧, 因我日子沒意義.               Let me alone; my days have no meaning.

17                 人算甚麼, 你竟這樣看重他,           What is man that you make so much of him,
                            這樣特別看顧他,                       that you give him so much attention,
18                         每天早晨察看他,                       that you examine him every morning
                             無時無刻試煉他?                            and test him every moment?
19                         求你永不看著我,                         Will you never look away from me,
                             即使片刻不管我?                        or let me alone even for an instant?
20                         鑒察世人的主啊!                     If I have sinned, what have I done to you,
                             我犯罪與你何干?                                     O watcher of men?
                             為何把我當箭靶?                       Why have you made me your target?
                             難道我成你負擔?                           Have I become a burden to you?
21                         為何不赦我過犯,                         Why do you not pardon my offenses
                             也原諒我的罪惡?                                     and forgive my sins?
                             因我快要歸塵土,                          For I will soon lie down in the dust;
                         你們找我, 我卻不在了!"              you will search for me, but I will be no more."

(III) 比勒達答唱(8:1-22):
1       書亞人比勒達答唱, 歌曰:                               Then Bildad the Shuhite replied:
                          新 譯                                                             英 文
         1. 公正無私(8:1-7):
2             "你這樣說要到幾時?                              "How long will you say such things?
                你的話像一陣狂風.                                 Your words are a blustering wind.
3              神怎會妨礙公義呢?                                       Does God prevent justice?
                當你的兒女得罪衪.                            Does the Almighty prevent what is right?
4              全能者會不公正嗎?                             When your children sinned against him,
                只交出他們受懲罰.                          he gave them over to the penalty of their sin.
5              你若真誠仰望真神,                                         But if you will look to God
                並且向全能主懇求;                                       and plead with the Almighty,
6              你若既純潔又正直,                                        If you are pure and upright,
                祂必為你挺身而出,                          even now he will rouse himself on your behalf
                恢復你公義的地位.                                 and restore you to your rightful place.
7              你開始時似甚卑微,                                    Your beginnings will seem humble,
                但將來必繁榮昌盛.                                     so prosperous will your future be.
          2. 唯有靠神(8:8-19):
8            請你去問問以前的世代,                                      Ask the former generations
              他們列祖得到甚麼教訓;                            and find out what their fathers learned,
9            因我們昨日才生無所知,                   for we were born only yesterday and know nothing,
              我們在世日子只是影兒.                            and our days on earth are but a shadow.
10          難道他們沒教你告訴你?                              Will they not instruct you and tell you?
              他們沒有說出理解的話?              Will they not bring forth words from their understanding?
11              蒲草無泥怎能生長?                        Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh?
                  蘆葦無水怎能茂盛?                                    Can reeds thrive without water?
12               正在生長未收割時,                                      While still growing and uncut,
                   比青草還枯萎得快.                                 they wither more quickly than grass.
13               這是忘記神者命運,                              Such is the destiny of all who forget God;
                   無神者希望的幻滅.                                  so perishes the hope of the godless.
14               他信靠的脆弱易碎,                                          What he trust in is fragile;
                   他依賴的只是蛛網.                                     what he relies on is spider's web.
15               他依靠蛛網卻網破;                                  He leans on his web, but it gives way;
                   他緊抓網子卻抓空.                                    he clings to it, but it does not hold.
16               像陽光下足水作物,                            He is like a well-watered plant in the sunshine,
                   嫩枝處處長滿全園;                                   spreading its shoots over the garden;
17               根條盤繞在石堆間,                                 it entwines its root around a pile of rocks
                   在石頭中找扎根處.                                  and looks for a place among the stones.
18               但他若就地被拔出,                                        But when it is torn from its spot,
                  地會說從未見過你,                             that place disowns it and says, 'I never saw you.'
19               他的生命就此凋逝,                                            Surely its life withers away,
                  別的植物自會長出.                                       and from the soil other plants grow.
          3. 神保義人(8:20-22):
20               神的確不棄無瑕人,                                 Surely God does not reject a blameless man
                   也不會增強惡人手.                                        or strengthen the hands of evildoers.
21               衪使你口充滿歡笑,                                      He will yet fill your mouth with laughter
                   讓你的嘴發出歡呼.                                             and your lips with shouts of joy.
22               使你仇敵身披羞辱,                                        Your enemies will be clothed in shame,
                   惡人帳棚永遠消失.                                    and the tents of the wicked will be no more."

    (IV) 約伯辯駁(9:1-10:22):
1          約伯答辯, 歌曰:
            1. 神的智能(9:1-12):
2               我深知道這些都是事實,                              Indeed, I know that this is true.
                 但人在神面前怎能稱義?                  But how can a mortal be righteous before God?
3               雖然有人妄想與祂爭辯,                        Though one wished to dispute with him,
                 千次之中他也不能答一.               he could not answer him one time out of a thousand.
4               衪的智慧深奧能力巨大;                       His wisdom is profound, his power is vast.
                 抗拒衪的誰能全身而退?                  Who has resisted him and come out unscathed?
5                衪不知不覺中移山倒海;                   He moves mountains without thier knowing it
                  在祂的怒氣中翻轉山巒.                              and overturns them in his anger.
6                   大地為之震動移位,                               He shakes the earth from its place
                     地的支柱不住動搖.                                   and makes its pillars tremble.
7                   祂向日言日就無光;                         He speaks to the sun and it does not shine;
                     祂把星光全都封住.                                  he seals off the light of the stars.
8                   衪獨自把蒼天展開,                                 He alone stretches out the heavens
                     怡然步行海浪之上.                                 and treads on the waves of the sea.
9                   祂造北斗獵戶星座,                               He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
                     金牛七星南方星群.                        the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10                  衪行神蹟高深莫測,                        He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
                      又作奇事不可勝數.                                    miracles that cannot be counted.
11               衪從我身邊過我看不見;                             When he passes me, I cannot see him;
                   在我面前行走我不察覺.                            when he goes by, I cannot perceive him.
12                  祂若奪取誰能攔阻?                               If he snatches away, who can stop him?
                    誰敢問衪, '你幹甚麼?'                            Who can say to him, 'What are you doing?'
           2. 為罪受苦(9:13-35):
13                 神從不抑制衪的怒氣,                                   God does not restrain his anger,
              即使拉哈伯死黨在衪腳下也畏縮.                 even the cohorts of Rahab cowered at his feet.
14                 那我怎麼敢跟祂爭辯?                                  How then can I dispute with him?
                     用甚麼言詞跟衪辯論?                             How can I find words to argue with him?
15                 我雖無辜也無言以對,                         Though I were innocent, I could not answer him;
                     只向審判我的求憐憫.                             I could only plead with my Judge for mercy.
16                 即使我呼求衪也回應;                             Even if I summoned him and he responded,
                     我真不相信衪會垂聽.                             I do not believe he would give me a hearing.
17                   反會用暴風擊打我,                                        He would crush me with a storm
                       無理加重我的創傷.                                   and multiply my wounds for no reason.
18                   祂不會讓我喘口氣,                                     He would not let me regain my breath
只                      會使我更加悲慘.                                      but would overwhelm me with misery.
19                    論力量衪大有能力!                                  If it is a matter of strength , he is mighty!
                        論審判誰能傳喚祂?                     And if it is a matter of justice, who will summon him?

20             即使我無辜, 我的口也會譴責我;       Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me;
                 即使我無瑕, 他們也會判我有罪.            if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.

21                          我雖然完美,                                        Although I am blameless,
                              卻不顧自己;                                     I have no concern for myself;
                              更厭惡己命.                                          I despise my own life.
22                     若都一樣, 所以我說:                           If it is all the same, that is why I say,
                   衪把完美的人和惡人一起毀滅.'            He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.'
23                     當災難突然使人喪命,                           When a scourge brings sudden death,
                         祂嘲笑無辜者的遭遇.                           he mocks the despair of the innocent.
24                      當世界落在惡人手中,                    When a land falls into the hands of the wicked,
                         衪蒙蔽審判官的眼目.                                      he blindfolds its judges.
                         若不是衪, 還有誰呢?                                   if it is not he, then who is it?

25                   我的日子飛逝比飛毛腿快,                            My days are swifter than a runner;
                       日子如飛逝去卻不見喜樂.                         they fly away without a glimpse of joy.
26                           又如蒲船掠過,                                 They skim past like boats of papyrus,
                               如鷹俯撲獵物.                               like eagles swooping down on their prey.
27                      我若說, '我要忘記悲情,                             If I say, 'I will forget my complaint,
                            改變表情, 面帶微笑.'                           I will change my expression, and smile.'
28                        我仍然害怕我的苦痛,                                   I still dread all my sufferings,
                           因我知你不會視我無辜.                         for I know you will not hold me innocent.
29                       我既然早就被定為有罪,                                Since I am already found guilty,
                           為何我還要作無謂掙扎?                                 why should I struggle in vain?
30                        即使我用肥皂潔淨我身,                              Even if I washed myself with soap
                            同時使用鹼液洗淨我手.                              and my hands with washing soda,
31                        你還是會把我扔入深坑,                            you would plunge me into a slime pit
                            連我的衣服都會憎惡我.                         so that even my clothes would detest me.

32                        衪不像我是人可回答衪;            He is not a man like me that I might answer him,
                            可以大家一起對簿公堂.                 that we might confront each other in court.
33                        只要我們之間有人仲裁,           If only there were someone to attribute between us,
                            他手按在我們雙方身上.                           to lay his hands upon us both,
34                        有人使神的刑杖離開我,                     someone to remove God's rod from me,
                            讓我不再害怕衪的威嚴.                  so that his terror would frighten me no more.
35                        我就可大膽說話不畏衪,                    Then I would speak up without fear of him,
                            但我仍懼怕不敢頂撞衪.                        but as it now stands with me, I cannot.
            3. 神定人罪(10:1-12):
1                           "我非常厭惡我的生命,                                "I loathe my very life;
                              因此我要盡情吐苦情,               therefore I will give free rein to my complaint
                              放聲說出我心中苦楚.                  and speak out in the bitterness of my soul.
2                            我對神說不要譴責我,                     I will say to God: Do not condemn me,
                              但要告訴我指控罪名.                but tell me what charges you have against me.
3                            你向惡人詭計微笑時,                           Does it please you to oppress me,
                              你是否以有人欺壓我                             to spurn the work of your hands,
                              和輕看你手作工為樂?                 while you smile on the schemes of the wicked?
4                            你是否有凡人的肉眼?                               Do you have eyes of flesh?
                              與凡人一樣去看世事?                             Do you see as a mortal sees?
5                            你的日子跟凡人一樣,                        Are your days like those of a mortal
                              你的年歲跟世人無異;                          or your years like those of a man,
6                            你必需找出我的過失                          that you must search out my faults
                              及仔細查察我的罪過;                                  and probe after my sin -
7                            即使你知道我是無罪,                         though you know that I am not guilty
                              無人能從你手中救我?                 and that no one can rescue me from your hand?

8                               你的雙手塑我造我,                     Your hands shaped me and made me.
                                 你現要轉手毀我嗎?                       Will you now turn and destroy me?
9                              記住你是用泥捏造我.                  Remember that you molded me like clay.
                                現要把我變回塵土嗎?                      Will you now turn me to dust again?
10                            你曾把我像牛奶倒出,                         Did you not pour me out like milk
                                又把我像奶酪般凝固,                               and curdle me like cheese,
11                            然後給我披上皮與肉,                              clothe me with skin and flesh
                                再用筋骨連成一體嗎?                 and knit me together with bones and sinews?
12                             你賜我生命仁慈待我;                   You gave me life and showed me kindness,
                                 並眷顧護佑我的心靈.                 and in your providence watched over my spirit.
             4. 不如夭折(10:13-22):
13                            然而你把這些隱藏心中,          But this is what you concealed in your heart,
                                我也知道這是你的旨意.              and I know that this was in your mind.
14                            我若犯罪你定會鑒察我;              If I sinned, you would be watching me
                                而且不會赦免我的過犯.          and would not let my offense go unpunished.
15                              我若是有罪就有禍了!                         If I am guilty - woe to me!
                                  即使無辜也抬不起頭;           Even if I am innocent, I cannot lift my head,
                                     因為我滿懷羞愧,                                for I am full of shame
                                     淹沒在苦難之中.                           and drowned in my affliction.
16                                  我若是昂首自得,                                If I hold my head high,
                                      你就獵我如獵獅;                               you stalk me like a lion;
                                      再以大能打擊我.            and again display your awesome power against me.
17                                   請新證人指控我,                         You bring new witness against me
                                       增加對我的怒氣,                        and increase your anger toward me;
                                 你的大軍一波一波攻擊我.            your forces come against me wave upon wave,

18                             你為何還要讓我出母胎呢?          Why then did you bring me out of the womb?
                                 我真想被人看見前就夭折.              I wish I had died before any eye saw me.
19                                   我就不會來到世上,                    If only I had never come into being,
                                      直接從母胎進墳墓! or had been carried straight from the womb to the grave!
20                               我很少的日子就此消逝?                   Are not my few days almost over?
                             走開! 讓我進入去而不返之地前,  Turn away from me so I can have a moment's joy
                                      能夠有片刻的歡樂.                     before I go to the place of no return,
21                                      那地幽暗漆黑,                      to the land of gloom and deep shadow,
                                             深夜陰沉,                                 to the land of deepest night,
22                                          蔭暗無序,                                of deep shadow and disorder,
                                       即使有光, 也是漆黑."                  where even the light is like darkness."

     (V) 瑣法答唱(11:1-20):
1 拿瑪人瑣法答唱, 歌曰:
            1. 指責自義(11:2-6):
2                   "這些話都無答案嗎?                      "Are all these words to go unanswered?
                      說話的人可稱義嗎?                              Is this talker to be vindicated?
3                  你的胡言能使人閉口嗎?                   Will your idle talk reduce men to silence?
                    你嘲諷時沒人指責你嗎?                    Will no one rebuke you when you mock?
4                 你對神說, '我的信仰純正,                   You say to God, 'My beliefs are flawless
                         我在你眼前純潔.'                                 and I am pure in your sight.'
5                      啊! 我真想神說話.                          Oh, how I wish that God would speak,
                         祂會開口攻擊你,                           that he would open his lips against you
6                      向你解開智慧奧秘,                        and disclose to you the secrets of wisdom,
                        因真智慧都有兩面.                                  for true wisdom has two sides.
                   要知道: 神已忘記你一些罪.           Know this: God has even forgotten some of your sin.
            2. 神察人罪(11:7-12):
7                     你能測透神的奧秘嗎?                         Can you fathom the mysteries of God?
                       能洞悉全能者極限嗎?                       Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?
8                         兩者都高過諸天,                               They are higher than the heavens,
                           你能做些甚麼呢?                                           what can you do?
                           兩者都深過陰間,                       They are deeper than the depths of the grave,
                           你能知道甚麼呢?                                          what can you know?
9                       兩者量度都比地還長,                         Their measure is longer than the earth
                                比海更寬.                                            and wider than the sea.
10                       衪若前來把你囚禁,                        If he come along and confines you in prison
                           開庭審你誰敢反對?                       and convenes a court, who can oppose him?
11                      祂當然認得詭詐小人,                            Surely he recongnizes deceiful men;
                          看見罪惡祂怎能不理?                    and when he sees evil, does he not take note?
12                        無知之人欲成智者,                       But a witless man can no more become wise
                            比野驢生人還要難.                       than a wild donkey's colt can be born a man.
              3. 悔改離罪(11:13-20):
13                          你若真心歸向衪,                              Yet if you devote your heart to him
                              又向他伸出雙手;                              and stretch out your hands to him;
14                           你若拋棄手中罪,                       if you put away the sin that is in your hand
                               不容惡居你帳中;                            and allow no evil to dwell in your tent,
15                           就可昂首心無愧,                        that you will lift up your face without shame;
                               站穩腳步不懼怕.                               you will stand firm and without fear.
16                           忘記一切苦與難,                                You will surely forget your trouble,
                               苦難消逝如流水.                                recalling it only as waters gone by.
17                            人生光明勝響午,                                Life will be brighter than noonday,
                                黑暗明亮如清晨.                            and darkness will become like morning.
18                            因有盼望人安穩,                           You will be secure, because there is hope;
                                四圍平靖得安息.                  you will look about you and take your rest to safety.
19                            安然躺臥不害怕,                    You will be down, with no one to make you afraid,
                                且有多人來求恩.                                  and many will court your favor.
20                             惡人眼目必昏花,                               But the eyes of the wicked will fail,
                                欲逃無路心慌亂,                                     and escape will elude them;
                                希望落空身氣絕."                              their hope will become a dying gasp."

       (VI) 約伯辯駁(12:1-14:22):
1 約伯答辯, 歌曰:
                1. 自信有智(12:1-12):
2                     你們無疑是凡人,                               "Doubtless you are the people,
                       智慧莫不隨死去!                                and wisdom will die with you!
3                    我的頭腦不輸你們;                            But I have a mind as well as you;
                      也絕對不比你們差.                                   I am not inferior to you.
                      有誰不知道這些事?                          Who does not know all these things?

4                     我求告神得到回應,                    I have become a laughingstock to my friends,
                       竟成為朋友的笑柄,                      though I called upon God and he answered -
                       公義完美也被嘲笑!             a mere laughingstock, though righteous and blameless!
5                    隨和的人不在乎不幸,                      Men at ease have contempt for misfortune
                      一如腳滑倒者的命運.                      as the fate of those whose feet are slipping.
6                    強盜的帳棚不受干擾,                         The tents of marauders are undisturbed,
                      手拿神像干犯神怒的                           and those who provoke God are secure -
                      反而泰順平穩安無事.                          those who carry their god in their hands.

7                      田野走獸會教導你,                      But as the animals and they will teach you,
                        空中飛鳥會告訴你;                     or the birds of the air, and they will tell you;
8                      問大地也會教訓你,                       or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
                        大海魚亦會明示你.                            or let the fish of the sea inform you.
9                     從這一切蹟像看起來,                             Which of all these does not know
                       誰不知都是神手做的?                        that the hand of the Lord has done this?
10                   他的手掌握生物生命,                        In his hand is the life of every creature
                       同時掌控全人類氣息.                              and the breath of all mankind.
11                     耳尕豈不測驗言語,                                 Does not the ear test words
                         舌頭豈不嚐試食物?                                  as the tongue tastes food?
12                      智慧豈非出自耆老?                         Is not wisdom found among the aged?
                         長壽豈非令人明理?                         Does not long life bring understanding?
              2. 神的智能(12:13-25):
13                       智慧與能力皆屬神,                         To God belong wisdom and power;
                           謀略與睿智也屬衪.                         counsel and understanding are his.
14                       衪拆毀的不能重建,                      What he tears down cannot be rebuilt;
                           衪囚禁的不能釋放.                    the man he imprisons cannot be released.
15                       衪攔阻流水就天旱,                  If he holds back the waters, there is drought;
                           衪放任水流就泛濫.                  if he lets them loose, they devastate the land.
16                       力量與勝利均屬神,                          To him belong strength and victory;
                           騙人與騙子也屬衪.                          both deceived and deceiver are his.
17                        衪帶走剝光的謀士,                          He leads counselors away stripped
                           使愚人擔任審判官.                                 and makes fools of judges.
18                      祂打開君王囚人枷鎖,                     he takes off the shackles put on by kings
                          再用纏腰布捆綁君王.                       and ties a loincloth around their waist.
19                       衪又把祭司剝光帶走,                             He leads priests away stripped
                          更推翻人長久的建制.                         and overthrows men long established.
20                       衪使老成的謀士閉口,                        He silences the lips of trusted advisers
                           也使資深的長老糊塗.                      and takes away the discernment of elders.
21                       祂鄙視世上高官權貴,                                He pours contempt on nobles
                           並且解除強人的武裝.                                    and disarms the mighty.
22                       祂顯示漆黑中的事物,                         He reveals the deep things of darkness
                           並把死蔭帶入光明中.                         and brings deep shadows into the light.
23                       祂強大列國毀滅列國,                      He makes nations great, and destroys them;
                           並壯大列國分散列國.                             leaders of the earth of their reason;
                           使他們流浪無路荒野.                he sends them wandering through a trackless waste.
25                       在漆黑無光之中摸索,                             They grope in darkness with no light;
                           他們如醉漢東倒西歪.                            he makes them stagger like drunkards.
              3. 責友妄證(13:1-12):
1                          "我親眼見過這一切,                              "My eyes have seen all this,
                              親耳聽過而且明白.                      my ears have heard and understood it.
2                            你們知道我也知道;                              Why you know, I also know;
                              我絕對不比你們差.                                  I am not inferior to you.
3                            我想向全能者說話,                         But I desire to speak to the Almighty
                              與神辯論我的案情.                             and to argue my case with God.
4                            而你們撒謊中傷我,                           You, however, smear me with lies;
                              你們全是誤人庸醫!                       you are worthless physicians, all of you!
5                            但願你們全都閉嘴!                         If only you would be altogether silent!
                              就算你們都有智慧.                              For you, that would be wisdom.
6                            現請你們聽我辯解,                                    Hear now my argument;
                              細聽我口中的申訴.                                 listen to the plead of my lips.
7                       你們要代神說邪惡的話嗎?                    Will you speak wickedly on God's behalf?
                             要為祂說詭詐之言嗎?                            will you speak deceitfully for him?
8                           你們都要去偏袒祂嗎?                                Will you show him partiality?
                             你們都要為神爭辯嗎?                             Will you argue the case for God?
9                      祂若檢驗你們, 你們能過關嗎?                 Would it turn out well if he examined you?
                         你們能騙衪像騙世人一樣嗎?            Could you deceive him as you might deceive men?
10                           你們若暗中偏袒衪,                                   He would surely rebuke you
                               祂必定會責備你們.                                If you secretly showed partiality.
11                       祂的榮光不會嚇倒你們嗎?                          Would not his splendor terrify you?
                           祂的可畏不會震懾你們嗎?                       Would not the dread of him fall on you?
12                             你們的格言如灰燼,                             Your maxims are proverbs of ashes;
                                 你們的辯詞如泥土.                              your defenses are defenses of clay.
                4. 表白無罪(13:13-19):
13                    "請閉嘴細聽我言,                                "Keep silent and let me speak;
                         該來的就讓它來.                                 then let come to me what may.
14                   你們為何陷我於險境,                           Why do you put myself in jeopardy
                       且奪去我手中的生命?                              and take my life in my hands?
15                 衪雖想殺我, 我仍仰望衪;                    Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;
                     在祂的面前, 我要為己辯.                      I will surely defend my ways to his face.
16                 這的確會轉變成我的拯救,                   Indeed, this will turn out for my deliverance,
                     因無神的人不敢到祂面前!               for no godless man would dare come before him!
17                        請細聽我說的話,                                   Listen carefuly to my words;
                            耳朵聽進我的言.                                let your ears take in what I say.
18                       現我已備好我訴狀,                             Now that I have prepared my case,
                           我知道我必得平反.                                   I know I will be vindicated.
19                       還有誰能再控告我?                           Can anyone bring charges against me?
                   若有, 我就閉口不言, 視死而歸.                            If so, I will be silent and die.
               5. 直質問神(13:20-28):
20                    "神啊! 只要准我兩請求,                  "Only grant me these two things, O God,
                          我就不再躲避你的面:                         and then I will not hide from you:
21                      請挪開你手遠離我身;                          Withdraw your hand far from me,
                          勿以恐怖手段恐嚇我.                    and stop frightening me with your terrors.
22                      再傳喚我好讓我申訴;                         Then summon me and I will answer,
                          或者讓我說話你回答.                              or let me speak, and you reply.
23                      我犯了多少過錯罪惡?                   how many wrongs and sins have I committed?
                          請明示我的過犯罪孽,                             Show me my offense and my sin.
24                        你為甚麼對我掩面,                                   Why do you hide your face
                            把我當作你的敵人?                                and consider me your enemy?
25                       你會折磨風吹落葉嗎?                          Will you torment a windblown leaf?
                           你會追逐枯乾糠秕嗎?                             Will you chase after dry chaff?
26                       因你寫下罪狀控訴我,                   For you write down bitter things against me
                           讓我承擔幼年犯罪惡.                    and make me inherit the sins of my youth.
27                       你上緊我腳上的腳鐐,                             You fasten my feet in shackles;
                           在我的腳掌上作記號,                        you keep close watch on all my paths
                           密切注意我所有行徑,                      by putting marks on the soles of my feet.
28                         故世人消逝如腐物,                      So man wastes away like something rotten,
                             如蛀蟲蛀蝕的衣裳. l                               ike a garment eaten by moths."
                 6. 人生短暫(14:1-22):
1                            人都是婦人所生,                                  "Man born of woman
                              日子少少患難多.                         is of few days and full of trouble.
2                            綻放如花瞬凋萎,                 He springs up like a flower and withers away;
                              如影飛逝不長久.                   like a fleeting shadow, he does not endure.
3                      你有沒有注視到這樣的人?                  Do you fix your eyes on such a one?
                        你會帶他到你面前受審嗎?            Will you bring him before you for judgment?
4                      誰能從污穢中帶出純淨的?            Who can bring what is pure from the impure?
                                 一個也沒有!                                                No one!
5                            人的日子早有定數,                            Man's days are determined;
                              他的月數由你決定,                you have decreed the number of the months
                              設定極限不得超越.                      and have set limits he cannot exceed.
6                             請轉眼不看由他去,                  So look away from him and let him alone,
                              至他像雇工耗時日.                  till he has put in his time like a hired man.

7                           樹木至少有下列希望:                       At least there is hope for a tree:
                                 樹若砍下仍再生,                      If it is cut down, it will sprout again,
                                 新枝生長不停息.                           and its new shoots will not fail.
8                               根雖地中衰老去,                      its roots may grow old in the ground
                                 幹亦土裏枯乾死;                             and its stump die in the soil;
9                               一旦水潤就萌芽,                        yet at the scent of water it will bud
                                 伸展枝條如植物.                           and put forth shoots like a plant.
10                              而人死後倒地下,                              But man dies and is laid low;
                                  最後氣絕歸無有.                         he breathes his last and is no more.
11                              一如水從大海消,                           As water disappears from the sea
                                  又若河床枯乾竭;                       or a riverbed becomes parched and dry,
12                              人一躺下不再起,                          so man lies down and does not rise;
                                  直至諸天全消失,               till the heavens are no more, men will not awake
                                  沉睡終日喚不醒.                               or he roused from their sleep.

13                              但願你把我藏陰間,                    If only you would hide me in the grave
                                  隱藏直至你怒氣消!                 and conceal me till your anger has passed!
                                  也願你為我定時限,                          if only you would set me a time
                                  永遠記念我毋相忘!                               and then remember me!
14                              人若死了還能活嗎?                         If a man dies, will he live again?
                                  在我所有勞苦日子,                          All the days of my hard service
                                  等待重獲新生到來.                        I will wait for my renewal to come.
15                              你一呼喚我就回應;                        You will call and I will answer you;
                                  你必渴念你親手造,           you will long for the creature your hands have made.
16                               定必點數我的腳步,                      Surely then you will count my steps
                                  不再追究我的罪過.                            but not keep track for my sin.
17                               把我過犯密封袋中,                     My offenses will be sealed up in a bag;
                                   盡力遮蓋我的罪惡.                               you will cover over my sin.

18-19                          然而你毀滅人希望,                 But as a mountain erodes and crumbles
                                   像座大山腐融崩裂,                    and as rock is moved from its place,
                                   又如岩石移開原位.                          as water wears away stones
                                   也若流水磨穿頑石,                      and torrents wash away the soil,
                                   更像洪流沖刷泥沙.                          so you destroy man's hope.
20                                你永遠勝他他消逝;           You overpower him once for all, and he is gone;
                                    改他容顏把他攆走.          you change the countenance and send him away.
21                                子孫受尊崇他不知;              If his sons are honored, he does not know it;
                                    後裔受貶抑他不見.                if they are brought low, he does not see it.
22                                他只感受己身痛苦,                     He feels but the pain of his own body
                                    只能為己傷心哀痛.                            and mourns only for himself."