約伯記新譯 第四章 分別獨白

                                  約伯記新譯
                              第四章 分別獨白

  I. 約伯辯白(29:1-31:40):
     (I) 緬懷過去(29:1-25)
1         約伯續論, 歌曰:
           1. 蒙神眷顧(29:1-6):
2               "神鑒察我的日子                               "How long for the months gone by,
                  和歲月要到幾時;                          for the days when God watched over me;
3               祂的明燈高照我頭,                             when his lamp shone upon my head
                 在衪光中走過黑暗!                        and by his light I walked through darkness!
4              啊! 願在我興旺之日,                         Oh, for the days when I was in my prime,
                 與神親密合家蒙福;                    when God's intimate friendship blessed my house,
5                全能者仍與我同在,                              when the Almighty was still with me
                  兒女繞膝其樂融融;                                and my children were around me,
6                我的道路奶流滿地,                           when my path was drenched with cream
                  磬石中湧出橄欖油.                   and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil.
           2. 受人尊重(29:7-17):
7                  當我去到城門口,                                When I went to the gate of the city
                    坐在廣場我席上;                              and took my seat in the public square,
8                  青年見我都讓座,                            the young men saw me and stepped aside
                    老人起身站起來;                                  and the old men rose to their feet;
9                  首領以手摀著口,                                the chief men refrained from speaking
                    停止說話默不言;                             and covered their mouths with their hands;
10                 權貴軟聲說細語,                                   the voice of the nobles were hushed,
                     舌頭緊貼顎頭上.                       and their tongues struck to the roof of their mouths.
11                 聽我議論全叫好,                                   Whoever heard me spoke well of me,
                     見過我的都稱讚;                                 and those who saw me commended me,
12                 因我救求救窮人,                              because I rescued the poor who cried for help,
                     以及無助的孤兒.                              and the fatherless who had none to assist him.
13                  將死的人祝福我,                                     The man who was dying blessed me;
                      我使寡婦心歡唱.                                          I made the widow's heart sing.
14                  我以公義為衣裳,                                     I put on righteousness as my clothing;
                      又以公正為袍冠.                                       justice was my robe and my turban.
15                  我是盲人的眼睛,                                                 I was eyes to the blind
                      也是瘸子的雙腳,                                                   and feet to the lame.
16                  我是窮人的父親,                                                I was father to the needy;
                      也為陌生人辯護.                                          I took up the case of the stranger.
17                   我打斷惡人獠牙,                                           I broke the fangs of the wicked
                       救出牙下的獵物.                                   and snatched the victims from their teeth.
           3. 榮耀常新(29:18-20):
18                我心想, '我會安死家中,                     I thought, 'I will die in my own house,
                       我的日子多如海沙.                    my days as numerous as the grains of sand.
19                   我的根伸展至水邊,                              My roots will reach to the water,
                       甘露整夜潤我枝幹.                    and the dew will lie all night on my branches.
20                   我的榮耀永保鮮新,                              My glory will remain fresh in me,
                       大弓在我手中常新.'                               the bow ever new in my hand.'
           4. 聲聲入耳(29:21-25):
21                     眾人期望聽我言,                                Men listened to me expectantly,
                         靜默不語候我教.                               waiting in silence for my counsel.
22                     我說完話眾無言;                          After I had spoken, they spoke no more;
                         聲聲進入眾人耳.                               my words fell gently on their ears.
23                      候我如盼甘雨露,                              They waited for me as for showers
                          喝飲我言如春雨.                         and drank in my words as the spring rain.
24                      我雖微笑仍難信,                     When I smiled at them, they scarcely believed it;
                          珍視我的臉發光.                           the light of my face was precious to them.
25                      我選道路帶他們,                        I chose the way for them and sat as their chief;
                          在他軍中作大王,                                  I dwell as a king among his troops;
                          又像喪家安慰人.                               I was like one who comforts mourners.

    (II) 悲嘆現在(30:1-31):
            1. 傾訴悲情(30:1-8):
1            但現比我年輕的嘲笑我,                  "But now they mock me, men younger than I,
              他們的父輩我連讓他們                          whose fathers I would have disdained
              作我牧羊犬的伴都不要.                                   to put with my sheep dogs.
2            因他們的身上失去活力,                Of what use was the strength of their hands to me,
              沒有力氣的手對我何用?                          since their vigor had gone from them?
3              因貧困饑餓骨瘦如柴,                                 Haggard from want and hunger,
                在乾旱荒涼曠野夜晚.                                  they roamed the parched land
                他們流浪在燥熱焦土,                                  in desolate wastelands at night.
4              他們在草叢中採鹹草,                              In the brush they gathered salt herbs,
                並且挖樹根充饑果腹.                         and their food was the root of the broom tree.
5              他們從眾民之中逐出,                            They were banished from their fellow men.
                大聲喊叫把他們當賊.                                   shouted at as if they were thieves.
6              追逼居住乾涸河床上,                          They were forced to live in the dry stream beds,
                以及岩石和洞穴之中.                             among the rocks and in holes in the ground.
7              他們在草叢中發哀鳴,                                        They brayed among the bushes
                並在樹叢中互擁取暖.                                        and huddled in the undergrowth.
8               他們是群赤貧無名子,                                           A base and nameless brood,
                 被人驅趕逐出在境外.                                        they were driven out of the land.
            2. 飽受打擊(30:9-19):
9              現他們子孫謳歌嘲笑我,                        And now their sons mock me in song;
                在他們之中我竟成笑柄.                       I have become a byword among them.
10               他們厭惡我遠離我;                         They detest me and keep their distance;
                   不猶豫向我吐口水.                          they do not hesitate to spit in my face.
11              現神斷我弓弦苦待我            , Now that God has unstrung my bow and afflicted me,
                  他們就對我肆無忌憚.                         they throw off restrain in my presence.
12                  暴民右邊攻擊我,                                   On my right the tribe attacks,
                     在我腳下佈羅網,                                       they lay snare for my feet,
                     建築工事圍困我.                             they build their siege ramps against me.
13                 又破壞我的道路,                                          They break up my road;
                     在無人支助之下,                                     they succeed in destroying me -
                     成功把我毀滅了.                                     without anyone's helping them.
14                  他們如破口衝入,                           They advance as through a gaping breach;
                      廢墟隨之翻滾來.                                  and the ruins they come rolling in.
15                  恐怖籠罩我全身,                                         Terrors overwhelmed me;
                     尊嚴如被風吹逝,                               my dignity is driven away as by the wind,
                      安全像雲全消散.                                      my safety vanishes like a cloud.

16                  現找的生命衰逝,                                  And now my life ebbs away;
                      痛苦日子緊抓我.                                    days of suffering grip me.
17                  黑夜刺我痛徹骨,                                      Night pierces my bones;
                      扎心劇痛不止息.                                  my gnawing pains never rest.
18                   神大能如衣裹我,                 In his great power God becomes like clothing to me;
                       又如衣領緊包我.                          he binds me like the neck of my garment.
19                   祂把我丟入淤泥,                                       He throws me into the mud,
                        頓成地上塵與土                                 and I am reduced to dust and ashes.
           3. 呼求不應(30:20-23):
20                 神啊! 我呼求你不回應,                I cry out to you, O God, but you do not answer;
                         我站起你不理我.                           I stand up, but you merely look at me.
21                     你轉而殘酷待我,                                     You turn on me ruthlessly;
                         你的大手重擊我.                         with the might of your hand you attack me.
22                     抓起我擲向風中,                      You snatch me up and drive me before the wind;
                         暴風中丟我拋我.                                   you toss me about in the strom.
23                     你要打我入陰間,                              I know you will bring me down to death,
                         活人定必去之處.                               to the place appointed for all the living.
              4. 內心痛苦(30:24-31):
24                   人在痛苦之中呼求時,                   Surely no one lays a hand on a broken man
                       沒有人忍心打落水狗.                         when he cries for help in his distress.
25                   我沒為受難者哀哭嗎?                         Have I not wept for those in trouble?
                       我心沒為窮人耽憂嗎?                        Has not my soul grieved for the poor?
26                   然而當我盼福卻來禍,                         Yet when I hoped for good, evil came;
                       欲追求光明卻來黑暗.                      when I look for light, then came darkness.
27                    我內心翻騰從未止息,                          The churning inside me never stops;
                       還得面對痛苦的日子.                               days of suffering confront me.
28                    我全身發黑非因日曬,                      I go about blackened, but not by the sun;
                       我站大會中高呼求助.                      I stand up in the assembly and cry for help.
29                       我成為野狗兄弟,                              I have become a brother of jackles,
                           和貓頭鷹的伙伴.                                         a companion of owls.
30                       我的皮發黑剝落,                                   My skin grows black and peels;
                          身體又發燒滾燙.                                        my body burns with fever.
31                       我的琴彈奏哀音,                                     My harp is tuned to mourning,
                           我的簫吹出哭聲.                                and my flute to the sound of wailing.

    (III) 守道不渝(31:1-40):
             1. 明察秋毫(31:1-4):
1              我已與我的雙目立約,                              I made a convenant with my eyes
                絕對不以淫眼看秀女.                                   not to look lustfully at a girl.
2              人從天上神得到的福,                            For what is man's lot from God above,
                是高天全能者所賜嗎?                          his heritage from the Almighty on high?
3              難道不是惡人的廢墟,                                     Is it not ruin for the wicked,
                行差踏錯者的災難嗎?                                 disaster for those who do wrong?
4              神沒有察看我的道路,                                       Does he not see my ways
                點數我的每一腳步嗎?                                       and count my every step?
            2. 報應不爽(31:5-12):
5                  我若與虛謊同行,                                 f I have walked in falsehood
                   我的腳急隨跪詐;                            or my foot has hurried after deceit -
6                  就讓神公平秤我,                             let God weigh me in honest scales
                    必知我純正無瑕;                          and he will know that I am blameless -
7                  若我腳步離正道,                          if my steps have turned from the path,
                    我心隨眼目而行,                           if my heart has been led by my eyes,
                    我雙手不潔玷污;                              or if my hands have been defiled,
8                 就讓人吃光我所種,                         then may others eat what I have sown,
                   並連根拔起我莊稼.                               and may my crops be uprooted.

9                 我若心受淫婦誘惑,                         If my heart has been enticed by a woman,
                   或在鄰居門口淫蕩;                          or if I have lurked at my neighbor's door,
10                就讓我妻磨人的磨,                       then may my wife grind another man's grain,
                    與人同床共度春宵.                               and may other men sleep with her.
11                因那真是奇恥大辱,                               For that would have been shameful,
                    罪大惡極必受審判,                                            a sin to be judged.
12                 這是把燃起毀滅火,                               It is a fire that burns to Destruction;
                    可把我收成燒凈盡.                                it would have uprooted my harvest.
             3. 平等對待(31:13-15):
13                 若我虧待男僕女婢,        If I have denied justice to my menservants and maidservants,
                     讓僕婢聯手控訴我;                        when they had a grievance against me;
14                 神若責備我該怎辦?                         what will I do when God confronts me?
                     要我負責時該怎答?                      What will I answer when called to account?
15               神造我不也同造他們嗎?             Did not he who made me in the womb make them?
                   造我們的不是同一位嗎?          Did not the same one form us both within our mothers?
              4. 不敢作惡(31:16-23):
16                     若我不遂窮人願,                          If I have denied the desires of the poor
                         又教寡婦眼落空;                         or let the eyes of the widow grow weary,
17                      我若只為己飽足,                             if I have kept my bread to myself,
                         不與孤兒同分享;                               not sharing it with the fatherless -
18                      自幼如父待孤兒,                   but from my youth I reared him as would a father,
                          出母胎善待寡婦;                           and from my birth I guided the widow -
19                      我若見人無衣死,                   if I have seen anyone perishing for lack of clothing,
                          窮人無衣遮蔽體,                                  or a needy without a garment,
20                       若不以羊毛送暖,                                  and his heart did not bless me
                           其心不會祝福我;                     for warming him with the fleece from my sheep,
21                       我若舉手打孤兒,                       if I have raised my hand against the fatherless,
                           自持法庭有影響,                               knowing that I had influence in court,
22                        就讓我臂從肩脫,                              then let my arm fall from the shoulder,
                           骨頭關節都折斷.                                     let it be broken off at the joint.
23                        因我害怕神毀滅,                                 For I dreaded destruction from God,
                            怕祂榮光不敢作.                    and for fear of his splendor I could not do such thing.
              5. 忠心對神(31:24-28):
24                        我若一心信靠黃金,                            If I have put my trust in gold
                      並對精金說, '你是我的保障;'             or said to pure gold, 'You are my security;'
25                       我若為我的豐裕財富                     if I have rejoiced over my great wealth,
                           和雙手得來財寶歡欣;                         the fortune my hands had gained;
26                      我若關心太陽光芒照耀,                  if I have regarded the sun in its radiance
                          以及月亮皎潔天空運行,                         or the moon moving in splendor;
27                      使得我的心暗中受誘惑,                      so that my heart was secretly enticed
                          伸手給他們作忠誠之吻;                 and my hand offered them a kiss of homage;
28                       這些都是應受審判的罪,                  then these also would be sins to be judged,
                           因為我對天上的神不忠.               for I would have been unfaithful to God on high.
              6. 害怕公議(31:29-34):
29                          我若因仇敵不幸歡欣,                If I have rejoiced at my enemy's misfortune
                              對他的災難幸災樂禍;               or gloated over the trouble that came to him -
30                           我絕不容我的口犯罪,                      I have not allowed my mouth to sin
                              口無遮攔咒詛他生命;                        by invoking a curse against his life -
31                           我的家人若從沒說過:                 If the men of my household have never said,
                             "誰沒有飽吃約伯的飯?"                     Who has not had his fill of Job's meal?' -
32                           無一異鄉客夜宿街頭,             but no stranger had to spend the night in the street,
                               因為我家大門常敞開;                   for my door was always open to the traveler -
33                           我與世人一樣藏我罪,                         I have concealed my sin as men do,
                               把我的罪深藏在心中,                             by hiding my guilt in my heart
34                            因為我非常害怕群眾,                             because I so feared the crowd
                               同時懼怕族人的藐視,                      and so dreaded the contempt of the clans
                                所以我沉默足不出戶.                     that I kept silent and would not go outside.
               7. 面對控訴(31:35-37):
35                (啊! 但願有人聽我言!                       (Oh, that I had someone to hear me!
                      我現簽署我的辯狀,                                    I sign now my defense -
                      就讓全能者回應我;                                 let the Almighty answer me;
                      願告我的寫好訴狀.                      let my accuser put his indictment in writing.
36                  我必把狀子掛肩頭,                           Surely I would wear it on my shoulder,
                      並且像冠冕載頭上.                                 I would put it on like a crown.
37                  我會向他說明步驟,                     I would give him an account of my every step,
                     像個王子到他面前.)                             like a prince I would approach him.) -
               8. 厚待佃農(31:38-40):
38                   若我的田地也告我,                            if my land cries out against me
                       犁溝全被淚水潤濕;                       and all its furrows are wet with tears,
39                   我若光吃收成不付款,               if I have devoured its yield without payment
                      或強奪佃農要他性命;                        or broken the spirit of its tenants,
40                  就讓田地長草不長麥,                   then let briers come up instead of wheat
                      長滿野草長不出大麥."                           and weeds instead of barley."

                          約伯的話說完了.                                The word of Job are ended.

 II. 以利戶講論(32:1-37:24):
     (I) 引言(32:1-5):
           約伯的話一說完, 這三個人因約伯自以為義, 就不再回答他. 但蘭族布西人巴拉迦
之子以利戶向約伯大發雷霆, 因鳥約伯在神前自以為義. 同時, 他又向約伯的三友發怒,
因他們雖然 -致認為約伯有罪, 卻找不到理由駁斥他. 又因三友的年紀都比以利戶大,
以利戶只好等著向約伯說話, 今見這三人閉口無言, 不覺怒火中燒.

   (II) 講論(32:6-37:24):
          布西人巴拉迦之子以利戶講論, 歌曰:
          1. 第一講論(32:6-33:33):
             (1) 長幼無別(32:6-9);
6                  "我年輕你們年長;                           "I am young in years, and you are old;
                     因此我心存戒懼,                                       that is why I was fearful,
不                    敢直陳我己見.                                not daring to tell you what I know.
7               我想: '年歲自己會說話,                                I thought, 'Age should speak;
                   年長者應以智慧教人.'                         advanced years should teach wisdom.'
8             但人的心靈和全能者的氣息,                               But it is the spirit in a man,
                        才能使人理智.                 the breath of the Almighty, that give him understanding.
9                    不僅年長者有智慧,                               it is not only the old who are wise,
                       老者亦能明辨是非.                    not only the aged who understand what is right.
             (2) 靜候發言(32:10-22):
10                   因此我說: '請聽我言,                          Therefore I say: 'Listen to me;
                     我也會告訴你們我所知.'                         I too will tell you what I know.'
11                   你們發言時我在等待,                               I waited while you spoke,
                       你們在思索說詞之時,                             I listened to your reasoning;
                       我在傾聽你們的辯理.                         while you were searching for words,
12                    我全神貫注聽你們說,                             I gave you my full attention.
                       但無一人證明約伯錯                 , But not one of you has proved Job wrong;
                       也無人辯倒他的歪論.                   none of you has answered his arguments.
13                 千萬別說: '我們找到智慧.                    Do not say, 'We have found wisdom;
                      讓神而不是人去駁斥他.'                            let God refute him, not man.'
14                   但約伯沒有放言攻擊我,              But Job has not marshaled his words against me,
                       我不會用你們的話答他.                and I will not answer him with your arguments.

15                    他們感到驚異不再言語,                  They are dismayed and have no more to say;
                        因為他們個個詞窮語盡.                                  words have failed them.
16                    現在他們全都沉默無語,                        Must I wait, now that they are silent,
                        站立不回答我還要等嗎?                     now that they stand there with no reply?
17                    我也會有我的一套說法,                                   I too will have my say;
                        我會就我所知告訴你們.                             I too will tell you what I know.
18                    因為我充滿了要說的話,                                    For I am full of words,
                        我裏面的靈催逼我說出.                         and the spirit within me compels me;
19                     我的內心像瓶倒轉的酒,                             inside I am like bottled-up wine,
                         又像裝得快爆炸新酒囊.                            like new wineskins ready to brust.
20                      我必需放言說出而後快,                               I must speak and find relief;
                         我必需開口回答他問題.                               I must open my lips and reply.
21                     我絕對不會偏袒那一位,                               I will show partiality to no one,
                         更不會諂媚恭維任何人.                                   nor will I flatter any man;
22                      因為我若精於逢迎拍馬,                                for if I were skilled in flattery,
                          造物主很快就會剪除我.                           my Maker would soon take me away.
             (3) 公平對話(33:1-7):
1                        約伯啊! 你現要細聽我言,                     But now, Job, listen to my words;
                              注意我說的一切話.                         pay attention to everything I say.
2                              我即將開口說話,                           I am about to open my mouth;
                                 我話正在舌頭上.                     my words are on the tip of my tongue.
3                               所說發自正直心,                      My words come from an upright heart;
                                 我口真誠說所知.                        my lips sincerely speak what I know.
4                               神的靈創造了我,                            The Spirit of God has made me;
                                 主的氣賜我生命.                       the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5                                你若能就回答我,                               Answer me then, if you can;
                                  好好準備與我辯.                           prepare yourself and confront me.
6                                在神前你我一樣,                              I am just like you before God;
                                  我也是泥土做的.                            I too have been taken from clay.
7                                不必提防害怕我,                             No fear of me should alarm you,
                                  我手也不重壓你.                       nor should my hand be heavy upon you.
            (4) 切勿自義(33:8-18):
8                  你在我聽證中說的,                            But you have said in my hearing -
                      句句入耳, 你說:                                     I heard the very words -
9                       我潔淨無罪,                                 I am pure and and without sin;
                         也清白無過.                                 I am clean and free from guilt.
10                然而, 神卻吹毛求疵,                          Yet God has found fault with me;
                      竟視我如祂仇敵.                                  he considers me his enemy.
11                  祂緊鎖我的腳鐐,                                He fastens my feet in shackles;
                      緊盯我一切行為.'                           he keeps close watch on all my paths.'

12                  但是我要告訴你,                                     But I tell you,
                      在這方面你錯了;                            in this you are not right,
                      因神比世人偉大.                          for God is greater than man.
13                  衪不會回答人話,                         Why do you complaint to him
                      你為何向衪抱怨?                   that he answers none of man's word?
14                   因神的確會說話,                                For God does speak -
                    現這樣說, 又那樣說;                        now one way, now another -
                       而人可能沒察覺.                       though man may not perceive it.
15                    當人在沉睡之中.                     In a dream, in a vision of the night,
                        床上昏昏欲睡時;                         when deep sleep falls on men
                    神會在夜間藉夢和異象,                     as they slumber in their beds,
16                     向人的耳邊說話,                            he may speak in their ears
                         警告去嚇阻他們.                         and terrify them with warnings,
17                     使人不敢去作惡,                         to turn man from wrongdoing
                         也不敢驕傲自大,                            and keep him from pride,
18                     使靈魂不下陰間,                       to preserve his soul from the pit,
                         性命不會喪刀下.                     his life from perishing by the sword.
             (5) 神教訓人(33:19-33):
19                人在床上受痛苦煎熬,                 Or a man may be chastened on a bed of pain
                        渾身疼痛徹骨,                             which constant distress in his bones,
20                     以致厭棄食物,                          so that his very being finds food repulsive
                        更是心惡美食.                             and his soul loathes the choicest meal.
21                     使得肌肉消瘦,                                 his flesh wastes away to nothing,
                         隱藏骨頭突出.                          and his bones, once hidden, now stick out.
22                     靈魂臨近陰間,                                    His soul draws near to the pit,
                         生命瀕臨死亡.                             and his life to the messengers of death.

23                      千位天使之中,                             Yet there is an angel on his side
                     若有一在他身旁作調人;                  as a mediator, one out of a thousand,
                          示人當行正事,                            to tell a man what is right for him,
24                      並且恩待他說,                                to be gracious to him and say.
                        我已為他籌得贖金,                       Spare him from going down to the pit;
                        救贖他免得下陰間;'                          I have found a ransom for him' -
25                      使他如童長新肌,                        then his flesh is renewed like a child's;
                          返回青壯的年日.                       it is restored as in the days of his youth.
26                      他祈求神蒙喜悅,                      He prays to God and finds favor with him,
                          朝見神面心歡呼;                         he sees God's face and shouts for joy;
                          神又使他成義人.                      he is restored by God to his righteous state.
27                      於是他在人前說:                              Then he comes to men and says,
                          我犯罪顛倒是非,                          I sinned, and perverted what was right,
                          但沒受應得懲罰.                               but I did not get what I deserved.
28                      衪贖我靈離陰間;                    He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit,
                          我得存活享明光.'                                and I will live to enjoy the light.'

29                          神二次三番                             God does all these things to a man -
                              對人行這事,                                    twice, even three times -
30                       使他的靈陰間返,                           to turn back his soul from the pit,
                           生命之光再照耀.                        that the light of life may shine on him.
31                     約伯啊! 請細聽我言;                       Pay attention, Job, and listen to me;
                         別作聲! 我要說話了.                                be silent, and I will speak.
32                        若有話說先答我;                       If you have anything to say, answer me;
                            說出我好說明白.                        speak up, for I want you to be cleared.
33                        不然就聽我來說;                                 But if not, then listen to me;
                     別作聲! 好讓我以智慧教你.                   be silent, and I will teach you wisdom."

         2. 第二講論(34:1-37):
             以利戶續說, 歌曰:
            (1) 斥責自義(34:1-9):
2             "智者啊! 你們要聽我話;                           "Hear my words, you wise men;
                學者啊! 你們細聽我言.                           listen to me, you men of learning.
3                     因耳試言語,                                          For the ear tests words
                       如舌嚐美食.                                         as the tongue tests food.
4              讓我們自己辨別何為是,                     Let us discern for ourselves what is right;
                    一同學習何為美.                                let us learn together what is good.

5               約伯說: '我清白無辜,                                      Job says, 'I am innocent,
                      神卻待我不公.                                         but God denies me justice.
6                    儘管我是有理,                                               Although I am right,
                      仍認為我說謊;                                             I am considered a liar;
                      我雖毫無過失,                                             although I am guiltless,
                      箭卻致命射我.'                                  his arrow inflicts an incurable wound.'
7                    有誰會像約伯,                                                What man is like Job,
                      喝羞辱如喝水?                                          who drinks scorn like water?
8                    他與壞人為伍,                                       He keeps company with evildoers;
                      又與惡人交往.                                          he associates with wicked men.
9                   因他說: '討好神,                                    For he says, 'It profits a man nothing
                     一點好處都沒有.'                                           when he tries to please God.'
            (2) 神是公義(34:10-19):
10              理智的人啊! 請聽我言.                    So listen to me, you men of understanding.
                      神絕對不會作惡,                                    Far be it from God to do evil,
                      全能者絕不行錯.                                   from the Almighty to do wrong.
11                衪以人所行報應他們,                          He repays a man for what he has done;
                    讓他們得到應得報應.                     he brings upon him what his conduct deserves.
12              神會犯罪, 全能者會不公,                      It is unthinkable that God would be wrong,
                          真不可思議!                                that the Almighty would prevent justice.
13                   誰命衪統管大地?                                 Who appointed him over that earth?
                       誰命衪管理世界?                            Who put him in charge of the whole world?
14                   如果衪真的有意,                                             If it were his intention
                       要收回衪的靈氣;                                 and he withdrew his spirit and breath,
15                   人類將一同滅絕,                                     all mankind would perish together
                       所有人都歸塵土.                                     and man would return to the dust.

16                 你若明理, 請聽這話,                                 If you have understanding, hear this;
                            細聽我說.                                                    listen to what I say.
17              不講公義的能統治萬物嗎?                               Can he who hates justice govern?
                  你們能譴責公義大能者嗎?                       Will you condemn the just and mighty One?
18                   祂不是對君王說過:                                 Is he not the One who says to kings,
                      '你們都是無用廢物!'                                             'You are worthless,'
                 對權貴說過: '你們都是惡棍!'                               and to nobles, 'You are wicked,'
19                      誰不偏袒王子                                       Who shows no partiality to princes
                         也不重富輕貧,                                  and does not favor the rich over the poor,
                    這一切不都出自衪手嗎?                              for they are all the work of his hands?
20                 他們都在午夜突然死亡,                      They die in an instant, in the middle of the night;
                     人們在天搖地動中消逝,                           the people are shaken and they pass away;
                     掌權者非因人手被剪除.                         the mighty are removed without human hand.
            (3) 神察秋毫(34:20-30):
21                衪的眼目注視世人的道路,                           His eyes are on the ways of men;
                          察看他們的腳步.                                        he sees their every step.
22                    世上無漆黑地陰暗處                          There is no dark place, no deep shadow,
                              讓惡人藏身.                                          where evildoers can hide.
23                    神毋需進一步審查人,                         God has no need to examine men further,
                        讓他們到衪面前受審.                    that they should come before him for judgment.
24                    不必盤問就動搖權貴,                            Without inquiry he shatters the mighty
                       令人取代他們的地位.                                  and sets up others in their place.
25                    因神注意他們的行為,                              Because he takes note of their deeds,
                        在夜間推翻粉碎他們.                 he overthrows them in the night and they are crushed.
26                        衪在眾目睽睽下,                               He punishes them for their wickedness
                            懲罰他們的惡行;                                     where everyone can see them,
27                        他們偏離不隨衪,                               because they turned from following him
                            也不遵行衪的道.                                and had no regard for any of his ways.
28                 他們使窮人哀號來到衪面前,                They cause the cry of the poor to come before him,
                          使祂聽見貧困的哀求.                              so that he heard the cry of the needy.
29                  若衪沉獸不管, 誰能責怪衪?                   But if he remains silent, who can condemn him?
                      而祂對世人及國家一視同仁,                           Yet he is over man and nation alike,
30                      絕對不讓無神者去統治,                              to keep a godless man from ruling,
                          不容他們對百姓佈羅網.                               from laying snares for the people.
           (4) 指陳罪狀(34:31-37):
31                             若有人對神說,                               Suppose a man says to God,
                           我有過錯, 但決不再犯.                     I am guilty but will offend no more.
32                           請教我看不見的;                             Teach me what I can not see;
                           我若犯錯, 絕不會再犯.'                f I have done wrong, I will not do so again.'
33                          你如果還拒絕悔改,                   Shoud God then reward you on your terms,
                             神還能依你行賞嗎?                               when you refuse to repent?
                            你必需決定, 不是我;                                  You must decide, not I;
                              請就你所知告訴我.                                 so tell me what you know.

34                               理智者宣示,                               Men of understaning declare,
                             聽我言的智者對我說,                      wise men who hear me say to me,
35                          約伯說的話毫無知識,                        Job speaks without knowledge;
                              他說的話也沒有智慧.'                               his words lack insight.'
36                      啊! 約伯應經得起極大考驗,            Oh, that Job might be tested to the utmost
                              因他回答像惡人一樣!                        for answering like a wicked man!
37                           他除犯罪外還加悖逆,                           To his sin he adds rebellion;
                               在我們中間輕蔑拍手,                   scornfully he claps his hands among us
                               尤其加倍惡言褻瀆神."                    and multiplies his words against God."

        3. 第三講論(35:1-16):
1          以利戶又說, 歌曰:
            (1) 神無損益(35:1-8):
2               "你認為這話有理嗎?                                      "Do you think this is just?
                你說: '神會還我清白.'                               You say, 'I will be cleared by God.'
3             你又問祂, '這於我何益,                          Yet you ask him, 'What profit is it to me,
                不犯罪我能得到甚麼?'                               and what do I gain by not sinning?'

4                我要說些話回答你,                                   I would like to reply you
                  和跟你一起的朋友.                                and to your friends with you.
5                抬起頭來觀看青天,                              Look up to the heavens and see;
                  並瞻望高天的雲彩.                           gaze at the clouds so high above you.
6                你若犯罪於神何害?                            If you sin, how does that affect him?
                 犯罪多多於神何損?                    If your sins are many, what does that do to him?
7                你若公義於神何益?                      If you are righteous, what do you give to him,
                  祂能從你手得甚麼?                          or what does he receive from your hand?
8              你作惡只影響像你的人,                  Your wickedness affects only a man like yourself,
                 你公義也只影響世上人.                    and your righteousness only the sons of men.
            (2) 不饒惡人(35:9-16):
9                  世人在重壓下哀嚎,                         Men cry out under a load of oppression;
                    在強權欺壓下求饒.                  they plead for relief from the arm of the powerful.
10           但無人說: '造我的神在那裏?                 But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker,
11                 祂使人在夜間歌唱.                                  who gives songs in the night,
                誰教我們比教地上走獸多,           Why teaches more to us than to the beasts of the earth
                使我們比空中飛鳥更聰明?                  and makes us wiser than the birds of the air?''
12                  世人呼求神不回應.                          He does not answer when men cry out
                      因為惡人驕傲自大,                         because of the arrogance of the wicked.
13                神確不聽他們空洞呼求,                Indeed, God does not listen to their empty plea;
                    全能者也拫本置之不理.                         the Almighty pays no attention to it.
14                  更何況你說見不到衪,                            How much less, then, will he listen
                      祂怎會垂聽你的呼求;                         when you say that you do not see him,
                      現你的案子在祂面前,                                  that your case is before him
15                  你必需耐心去等待衪.                                    and you must wait for him.
                      祂的忿怒雖未施刑罰,                        and further, that his anger never punishes
                      但絕對不會放過惡人.                 and he does not take the least notice of wickedness.
16                   所以約伯開口說空話,                          So Job opens his mouth with empty talk;
                      他毫無知識放言胡說."                           without knowledge he multiplies words."

         4. 第四講論(36:1-37:24):
1           以利戶續說, 歌曰:
            (1) 賞罰分明(36:1-21):
2             請再耐心片刻, 我會告訴你;                 Bear with me a little longer and I will show you
                    我還有話要為神說.                         that there is more to be said in God's behalf.
3                  我從遠處得到知識,                                    I get my knowledge from afar;
                     把公義歸造我的主.                                 I will ascribe justice to my Maker.
4                  我說的話絕對無虛假,                            Be assured that my words are not false;
                    有位全知者與你同在.                              one perfect in knowledge is with you.

5                   神有大能但不藐視人,                     God is mighty, but does not despise men;
                     衪更堅強且旨意堅定.                         he is mighty, and firm in his purpose.
6                     衪不容許惡人存活,                             He does not keep the wicked alive
                       卻維護困苦者權益.                              but gives the afflicted their rights.
7                      衪的眼目看顧義人,                      He does not take his eyes off the righteous;
                        使與君王同登寶座.                                 he enthrones them with kings
                        並且永遠高舉他們                                       and exalts them forever.
8                        人若被鎖鏈捆鎖,                                   But if men are bound in chains,
                          被苦難繩索梱綁,                                    held fast by cords of affliction,
9                      祂告訴他們所作所為,                             he tells them what they have done -
                        讓他們知道驕傲犯罪.                               that they have sinned arrogantly.
10                    要他們聽從糾正教訓,                              He makes them listen to correction
                         命他們為罪衷心悔改.                       and commands them to repent of their evil.
11                     他們若都順從服事祂,                                    If they obey and serve him,
                         往後日子必興旺強盛,                    they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity
                         以後年歲必美滿幸福.                                  and their years in contentment.
12                      但若他們頑梗不聽從,                                        But if they do not listen,
                         刀劍必把他們全殺滅,                                     they will perish by the sword
                         不知不覺走向死亡路.                                       and die without knowledge.

13                      無神者心中充滿憤恨,                     The godless in heart habor resentment;
                          即使神捆鎖也不求救.             even when he fatters them, they do not cry for help.
14                      他們全都在英年早逝,                                  They die in their youth,
                         都死在神廟男妓之中.                           among male prostitutes of shrines.
15                       而祂拯救受苦的人,                 But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering;
                           在他們困苦中說話.                            he speaks to them in their affliction.

16                       祂誘導你遠離虎口,                     He is wooing you from the jaws of distress
                           到無羈束寬廣之地,                       to a spacious place free from restriction,
                           以滿桌美食撫慰你.               to the comfort of your table laden with choice food.
17                    現你承擔惡人當受審判,         But now you are laden with the judgment due the wicked
                        受到審判與刑罰的處分.                   judgment and justice have taken hold of you.
18                    你要小心無人以利誘你;                    Be careful that no one entices you by riches;
                        勿讓賄賂使你偏離正道.                         do not let a large bribe turn you aside.
19                     你的財富甚或你的權勢,                 Would your wealth or even all your mighty efforts
                         能夠保證你免受苦難嗎?                     sustain you so you would not be in distress?
20                        不要盼望黑夜降臨,                                       Do not long for the night,
                            把人們從家中拖走.                             to drag people away from their homes.
21                        小心不要轉向罪惡,                                        Beware of turning to evil,
                            而你似乎較喜災難.                               which you seem to prefer to affliction.
            (2) 應榮耀神(36:22-26):
22                   神靠己能升高天,                                   God is exalted in his power,
                       有那位教師像衪?                                    who is a teacher like him?
23                  誰能規劃衪的道路,                            Who has prescribed his way for him,
                      或對祂說: '你錯了!'                          or said to him, 'You have done wrong?'
24                   記得要讚美衪的工,                                  Remember to extol his work,
                      那是人一直歌頌的.                                which men have praised in song.
25                  全人類都親眼目睹,                                       All mankind has seen it;
                      世人都從遠處觀看.                                      men gaze on it from afar.
26                神的偉大超過我們理解!                  How great is God - beyond our understanding!
                    衪的年歲我們無法測度.                     The number of his years is past finding out.
            (3) 呼風喚雨(36:27-33):
27                     衪吸收大氣水滴,                           He draws up the drops of water,
                         蒸發成雨落河川.                           which distill as rain to the streams;
28                      密雲空中倒濕氣,                          the clouds pour down their moisture
                         充沛雨霖降人間.                        and abundant showers fall on mankind.
29                     誰知衪如何展雲,               Who can understand how he spreads out the clouds,
                         如何從行宮打雷?                           how he thunders from his pavilion?
30                      看衪身置閃電中,                    See how he scatters his lightning about him,
                          浴身在海的深處.                               bathing the depths of the sea.
31                      衪以此統治萬邦,                         This is the way he governs the nations
                          供應豐盛的食糧.                               and provides food in abundance.
32                      祂雙手親掌雷電,                                He fills his hands with lightning
                          命雷電擊打目標.                             and commands it to strike its mark.
33                      雷電預警風暴臨,                        His thunder announces the coming storm;
                          牲畜亦知暴風近.                        even the cattle make known its approach.
          (4) 神的威榮(37:1-13):
1                       "我的心為之砰跳,                                "At this my heart pounds
                          幾乎從心房跳出.                                  and leaps from its place.
2                      聽! 聽衪發出隆隆聲,                     Listen! Listen to the roar of his voice,
                           從衪口中轟轟響!                   to the rumbling that comes from his mouth.
3                         衪發雷響徹天下,             He unleashes his lightning beneth the whole heaven
                           閃電更遠達地極.                         and sends it to the ends of the earth.
4                         接著衪發出怒吼,                         After that comes the sound of his roar;
                           威嚴之聲如雷鳴;                           he thunders with his majestic voice.
                           其聲迴響寰宇間,                                    When his voice resounds,
                           放手一切由他去.                                       he holds nothing back.
5                         神的聲音妙如雷,                          God's voice thunders in marvelous ways;
                           祂行大事超理解.                     he does great things beyond our understanding.
6                    祂對雪說: '降在地上吧!'                       He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,'
                      又對雨說: '傾盆狂下吧!'                 and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.'
7                      衪要人全都停止勞碌,                  So that all men he has made may know his work,
                        衪造的人才知衪大工.                             he stops every man from his labor.
8                              野獸隱藏,                                             The animals take cover;
                                留在穴中                                           . they remain in their dens.
9                              暴雨出閣,                                The tempest comes out from its chamber,
                                烈風苦寒.                                         the cold from the driving winds.
10                        神的氣息結成冰,                                     The breath of God produces ice,
                            廣大水域全冰封.                                 and the broad waters become frozen.
11                         祂使密雲滿濕氣,                                   He loads the clouds with moisture;
                            密雲之中閃雷電.                                he scatters his lightning through them.
12                        在祂指揮下盤旋,                                    At his direction they swirl around
                            全地表面任旋轉,                                     over the face of the whole earth
                            遵衪指令去行事.                                   to do whatever he commands them.
13                         衪令密雲懲世人,                                   He brings the clouds to punish men,
                             又命潤地施慈愛.                                or to water his earth and show his love.
           (5) 神行奇事(37:14-24):
14                 約伯啊! 細聽此言,                                     "Listen to this, Job;
                     靜下想想神的奇事.                         stop and consider God's wonders.
15               你知否神如何控制雨雲,                Do you know how God controls the clouds
                         怎樣打雷閃電?                               and makes his lightning flash?
16                你知否雲如何靜懸半空,                 Do you know how the clouds hang poised,
                    誰又深知祂所行的奇事?          those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?
17                     南風吹, 地悶熱                                You who swelter in your cloths
                     穿衣汗流夾背是何因?               when the land has hushed under the south wind,
18                     蒼天堅硬如銅鏡,                      can you join him in spreading out the skies,
                      你能與神同展蒼天嗎?                           hard as a mirror of cast bronze?

19                "告訴我們該向衪說甚麼?                       "Tell us what we should say to him;
                     我們愚昧不能了結此案,          we cannot draw up our case because of our darkness.
20                 是否要告訴祂我要發言?                      Should he be told that I want to speak?
                     世上那有人自請被吞滅?                     Would any man ask to be swallowed up?
21                     大風吹掃晴空漯淨,                              Now no one can look at the sun,
                         陽光四射照耀穹蒼,                                   bright as it is in the skies
                         現無人敢盯視太陽,                           after the wind has swept them clean.
22                      從北方金光閃閃中,                    Out of the north he comes in golden splendor;
                         神威嚴肅穆降人間.                                 God comes in awesome majesty.
23                     大能全能者高難及,                The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power;
                         祂正直公義不欺壓.             in his justice and great righteousness he does not oppress.
24                      難道衪沒關心智者?                                    Therefore, men revere him,
                         因此世人要敬畏衪,               for does he not have regard for all the wise in heart?